PRE-PRODUCTION • Initial Ideas | Development




Choosing the Major Project Unit allowed for me to take into production the idea that I would create at the pre-production stage. I wanted to do this because I felt that I could focus more of my time into making this one production to the best of my ability and really focus on fine-tuning the one idea. 

When speaking to Laura and Becca, we discussed the idea of working in a group and how we thought it would be best for the production to combine our skills which are in different areas and work as one group.


Between us we worked out who would take on the different roles available based on what people wanted but also dependent on skill set and previous work. I decided that I wanted to take on the role of Director of Photography because I felt that it was not only a role that I was interested in but also one that I had taken on before for previous projects and wanted to keep developing my skills in.

Laura took on the role of producer and Becca became the Director of the project. It was later decided that Becca and I would co-edit the project in the post production stage.

We initially had a meeting during the summer to brainstorm some ideas. During this meeting we decided on trying to recreate a live sitcom on location that was based around an eccentric old couple who where constantly trying the newest trends and attempting to look cool. We wrote down some character ideas and for our main 2 characters, we based them off of a couple that I knew where were similar to what we were looking for in our characters.

We came up with some ideas for their neighbours and to have them living within a tight knit community so that we could incorporate other characters. We also started planning some ideas for our first episode which would accurately show off all our characters personality traits and show some of the location and other characters. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing a Script

Scott and Bailey - TV Drama

PRE-PRODUCTION • Director of Photography | Research