Self Portrait - Filming




Today we went to Whitstable to film my self portrait video. I also filmed Becca's as we had the same location. We went early in the morning so that it wouldn't be too busy and we'd have lots of space to film. We had a few problems with the weather as it was very cold, windy and heavily raining. However this added to the whole effect of my self portrait and gave the videos and cold and moody tone which I like. 

Filming the video went well as I knew what shots I wanted and had my storyboard and shot list so Becca who was filming could see the kind of shots I wanted. On a few of the shots, you can see some water droplets on the lens which at first I though would be a problem but after watching them through again, I liked the way they made the video look as they gave it a distorted and blurry feel. 

Recording the sound was also difficult because the wind was quite strong which was mostly what we could hear I the microphone. Some of the sounds we recorded we ok to use for the video but some didn't work out so I will either have to go back to my location and re-record some of the audio or look for similar sound effects online to include in my video. 

Overall, filming my self portrait was successful. I got all the shots I had planned and some extras. The only think that I would like to change is the film noir aspect of my video as I feel that it doesn't really conform to any of the typical conventions of the genre. This is something that I want to try and change in the editing process with different colour styles. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing a Script

Scott and Bailey - TV Drama

PRE-PRODUCTION • Director of Photography | Research