Self Portrait - Visual Reference

The Maltese Falcon (1941)
I like the way only one side of his face is lit and the other side is full of shadows, this gives the sense of two different sides to the character and creates an enigmatic and mysterious look. 

The Maltese Falcon (1941)

The key light slightly to the left of the camera  creates a shadow across her face, giving the image an interesting look.
Double Indemnity (1944) 
The shadow on the wall of another person makes the scene more mysterious as we can't see who the character is. I like this shot and the lighting style, I want to include a similar shot to this in my self portrait film. 

Double Indemnity (1944)
The lighting in this shot creates a silhouette of the character. In our self portrait film, we have to appear in the video at some point. I am thinking of maybe trying to recreate this shot for my film, this being the scene in which I appear in the video. 

Comments

  1. excellent prep and research completed on time for your self portrait film. detailed and relevant. well done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Writing a Script

Scott and Bailey - TV Drama

PRE-PRODUCTION • Director of Photography | Research