FICTION ADAPTATION • Troll by Shane Koyczan





Troll by Shane Koyczan

To get some further inspiration for my animation, I watched some other ones that were also with spoken word poetry to see some of the things they did. 

  • I like the simple yet detailed images in this animation but how powerful they are, they use of no colour and then just red on the hearts makes them more significant. The images really aid the visualisation of the poem and help the audience to understand what the poet is saying. This is something I was to incorporate into my animation. 
  • The mixture of animation and filming made it visually really interesting to watch. The animation is all draw on top of  filmed video, which is a close up of a grey textile. The focus pulls on the material is a nice effect and adds to the interest of the video, it makes it look very 3D and life like, rather than flat.  
  • The voice over that was used to read the poem was really clear and made emphasis on the important and dramatic parts of the poem. The added background music works well and doesn't over power the voice, it's effective and builds the tension to the ending of the poem which is more harsh and dramatic. 

From watching this, I want to make sure that my images are visually interesting as that makes a big impact on the success of the video and I want to use a voice over that keeps the flow of my poem as it's quite fasted paced. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing a Script

Scott and Bailey - TV Drama

PRE-PRODUCTION • Director of Photography | Research