FICTION ADAPTATION • Editing in After Effects




I chose to use Adobe After Effects to edit my animation as after doing research into which program would be best to use, tis is the one that was most recommended. I enjoyed the After Effects workshop we had during the last project with Ferg and decided that I wanted to extend and increase my skills. 

When I first started this was quite a challenge as I hadn't use after effects in great detail before. I did some online research about the different tools that were available and watched lots of online tutorials to help me get used to working in the programme. I did a test using my characters and backgrounds to see if it would be achievable.

I started out fully animating my character, using the puppet tool to pin their arms and legs in certain places and then adding in keyframes to set the movements. This took quite a while to achieve to I chosen to use small sections of full animation rather than through the entire animation. 

I enjoyed creating my animation, although there were some points where I got stuck with how to achieve something, I went online and watched through different tutorials until I got to where I wanted. I also asked other people in the class who were more advanced in after effects if they knew how to do some of the things I was struggling with. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing a Script

Scott and Bailey - TV Drama

PRE-PRODUCTION • Director of Photography | Research