FICTION ADAPTATION • Poet Research - Harry Baker



Harry Baker is a poet and writer from London. His most famous works include 59, the poem I have chosen for my adaptation, Paper People and The Sunshine Kid. Whilst writing and performing spoken word poetry, he was also studying mathematics at university. Now a full maths graduate, he is working full time on his poetry. His work has been shared on TED.com and has been views millions of times, worldwide. 

Titles:

  • 2010 London Slam Champion
  • 2011 UK and European Slam Champion
  • 2012 World Slam Champion


I chose the poem 59 because when I first read it, I could instantly picture in my head, and see what I wanted to with my adaption. I also read Paper People and I liked the style in which Baker writes his poems. Watching him perform the poems, the fast paced intensity that he projected made the poems exciting to listen to and helped me to further envision what I wanted from my adaptation. 



References:

http://www.greenbelt.org.uk/artists/harry-baker/
http://www.harrybaker.co

Images:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing a Script

Scott and Bailey - TV Drama

PRE-PRODUCTION • Director of Photography | Research