Scott and Bailey - TV Drama


Scott and Bailey is a British crime drama focusing on the lives of two female detectives. DC Rachel Bailey and DC Janet Scott are not only work colleagues but close friends, a main part of the story is their relationship and the problems they have. 

In each episode, there are 3 to 4 different story lines, the main one being based in the police station, centred on a crime and the others about the personal lives of the main characters. For my script, I would like to do something similar, I want to have the main story line revolve around a major case they have given, and then the personal lives of my two main characters, Shane and Annie. 

The characters have many flaws that are pointed out in multiple episodes. For my character Shane, I want his flaws to be quite relatable. Through his dialogue and mannerisms, I want to reveal to the audience that he is wary of new people and finds it hard to trust them and that he is also emotionally immature and afraid of commitment based a previous relationship.

The script is filled with police jargon, this is something I will include in mine to establish the genre and make it sound realistic. The programme uses lots of exposition to explain to the audience what is going on. This is a convention of the genre and one I will consider when planning out my script. 


Watching this show has influenced my ideas for my script as I have decided to have DCI Shane Clifford as my main character and use DC Annie  Richards to represent the audience - they will picture themselves as her and follow the story along with her, learning things as she does. 
 

Comments

  1. hi nisserin - some great work going on in your journal. interesting bit of of research here, and good to see you indicating how it will affect your work. With your meeting script - remember you only have 10 pages (10 mins of screen time) - so you have to make sure you focus in one keep aspect of a story. try not to go to big. great work so far though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Writing a Script

PRE-PRODUCTION • Director of Photography | Research