DIGITAL NEWS • After Effects Workshop




In our after effects workshop, we experimented with creating 3D texts in Cinema 4D and how to add animation to a text in after effects.

After Effects:

In after effects we started by creating a title, which we then went onto having move on screen and the off again, adding in a "wiggle" so that it moves from side to side as it comes in and adding a fade as it  goes of screen again. Although Josh had already created all the graphics for our production, I was a good opportunity to get to now how to do it myself so that in future projects I could create my own moving graphics. 



Cinema 4D:

In Cinema 4D, we started the same by having a title on screen, which the then added different effects to, making it 3D and adding on rounded edges. We then put it lights to light up the text, moving them around making sure that they lit up all the text. To make the animation, we then added in a camera and had to set starting an finishing points so that when the animation is played i moves in the path you want and ends up in your chosen position. This was really interesting and I enjoyed learning how to do this. 


Cinema 4D

I want to take what I've learned about making objects 3D into my next unit as I am making an animation so i think this new skill will be really useful. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing a Script

Scott and Bailey - TV Drama

PRE-PRODUCTION • Director of Photography | Research