Directions - Unit 2

For our next unit, we haven been asked to create a 1-2 minute self portrait film and to direct a 5-6 minute section of a TV drama.
 
Film 1 - Self Portrait
 
This should be a film introduces me and shows my 'directorial vision'. I have to appear in the film at some point and should work with a camera and sound operator. I am looking forward to working with other people on this project and using sound to enhance my video as there should be no discernable dialogue. I would like to create this film using one long shot as I think it will be really effective to my storyline.

Film 2 - TV Drama

For this film, I have to choose a TV Drama and then select a scene, or a few scenes from the show to re-create in my own style. I have to include opening and closing credits and the scenes that I choose should have little to no dialogue. This gives me the opportunity to be creative with my locations and experiment with my production and sound design.  For my TV Drama, I have chosen Fargo as I think I can be really creative with the locations and the sound. 

I am looking forward to this unit as I think I will be able to make the films my own by directing them in my own style and putting a twist in them.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing a Script

Scott and Bailey - TV Drama

PRE-PRODUCTION • Director of Photography | Research