STUDIO PRODUCTION • Sam and Mark's Big Friday Wind-up Research





"Prepare to laugh your socks off at Sam & Mark's Big Friday Wind-Up. From celebrities to the studio audience, no one is safe from the boys' hilarious pranks"


Sam & Mark's Big Friday Wind-Up is a children entertainment series that began in 2011. The show takes them format of a someones family member being embarrassed on the show. Sam and Mark interact with the audience and chose one member to take part in the show, this is when their family member is brought out and they're given the chance to play through a series of rounds, to win prizes and to embarrass their chosen family member. They have a range on celebrity guests, and there is always one on each episode. The show contains lots of different elements that I have taken inspiration from to help develop my show. 


The show doesn't try to hide the fact that it is filmed inside a studio, they use lots of stage lighting to light up the show and have it the background for the cameras to see. This works well for the show and adds to the atmosphere. The cameras turn on the audience and the hosts go into the audience to talk to then and engage them in the show. I like that they incorporate the audience in the games and this something I want to include in my show. For one of my round I want 2 audience members to come up on set and take part in one the games.

The hosts are the main elements of the show and they are what help to carry the show along. Their personalities as well as the way they sit with the studio audience and their on show guests gives it a friendly chatting style with a really relaxed tone. They strike a balance between the excitement of the rounds and the games the contestants play and the more easy sections where the sit on sofas and talk to their guests, as well as playing VT's which keep with the theme of the show. 

For my show, I want to include a similar style and tone and I also would like to have 2 presenters as I think this will help the show, the two presenters can the feed off each other and the will be one to cheer on both of the two teams in my show. I want people who has a similar style of presenting to Sam and Mark in that they easily interest with the children in the show as well as the adults. 




Images //

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/shows/sam-and-marks-big-friday-wind-up

http://www.lsionline.com/news/rml-supplies-cbbc-s-big-friday-wind-up--4xn75d


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing a Script

PRE-PRODUCTION • Director of Photography | Research

Scott and Bailey - TV Drama