Self Portrait - Editing





















When editing my self portrait, I first started with an assembly cut, where I chose the shots I wanted to use and put them in the order I had planned. I then went through and looked at each shot, cutting them to just the section that I wanted for each one. This gave me a basic rough cut for the video. I added in an adjustment layer over the top of the clips to which I added a black and white filter. I also adjusted the colours by adding in more blue and taking out some of the reds to get the look that I wanted. 


















The beginning of the video starts off quite slow and then increases in speed towards the end. The clips at the beginning are quite long and cut together smoothly whereas towards the end, the clips get much shorter and edit together faster so it switches quickly between them. It then cuts to a black screen where another shot fades of the sea fades in. I put this shot in slow motion to bring the video down and give it a calm and peaceful ending. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing a Script

Scott and Bailey - TV Drama

PRE-PRODUCTION • Director of Photography | Research