Evaluation


Self Portrait

I feel that overall, I enjoyed creating my self portrait video. Although at first I struggled to come up with an idea for what to base it on, after coming up with an idea and putting it all into place, I really enjoyed the project and found it really good to be able to create something that was quite abstract and experimental. It gave me a good opportunity to plan some good and effective sound design and try out a different style of editing. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drama - Fargo 

Choosing which drama I wanted to do and which scenes was quite easy so I was able to start the planning process early in the project. Although I had a few issues in the production of my drama, I think i overcame these problems well because of the amount of planning I had completed. I am pleased with the outcome of the video however watching it back, there is a few things I would have liked to change. For example, I feel that I could have made better use of the sound design aspect of the project and used more to build up the tension in these video. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have learnt a lot from the unit, not only from the production side but also from out lectures and workshops that we have had. I have found that taking on the role of director is quite challenging as it includes lots of responsibility and it is quite daunting when everyone is looking at you waiting for you to tell them what to do! However, despite this I have enjoyed the experience and with the things I learnt about directing in our workshops with Steve Finn, I think that I was successful in the directing of this project. 

I liked working with a crew and found that I wasn't so nervous to work with professional actors as I used some for my pervious storytelling unit. This was the first project where I used a lighting kit and from our workshops with Fergus, I felt confident in using them. I had previously planned and tested out where I wanted to place them so that on the shoot day, we were able to set them up quite quickly. I feel confident in using the equipment as I offered to help crew on a few other people's projects, this gave me the chance to become even more familiar with camera, sound and lighting equipment. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since my last project, I think my directing skills have improved as well as my planning and editing skills. I feel more confident in these aspects and I hope to continue developing these skills through the next unit. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing a Script

Scott and Bailey - TV Drama

PRE-PRODUCTION • Director of Photography | Research