Drama - Editing




I started with an assembly cut by just putting my clips in the order I wanted them. Then when I had all the footage together, I began to cut the shots to the length I wanted. Thought out my editing process I added and removed different shots and changed the order that they were in and the way are they now is quite different to way they started. 

I chose some atmosphere that I wanted to have in the background and I made is so that some of my titles match up with the beats in the music. I also added an adjustment layer to the clips and made the lighting look more blue and give it a cooler tone. I did this by using the three way colour effect and changed the main and highlight colours. 

For the second scene in my drama, there is one long shot of the same building which in the original they have move along as the building as the character inside moves however the camera stays outside. I tried filming this scene in the same way using a drone but we found that it was quite hard to do and it did work as well. I then had to think of a different way of doing this, which is when we decided to film the outside of the building as a wide shot and cut between that wide shot and much closer shots of the individual windows. 

The editing has been quite a long process and it had been difficult in some areas especially in my beginning scene as I had to try and make sure the shots made it look like the two characters were in the same room at the same time. However I think it worked out well and I think that they type of shot and their acting helped to make it convincing. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing a Script

Scott and Bailey - TV Drama

PRE-PRODUCTION • Director of Photography | Research