PRODUCTION • Going from Pre-Production to Production

From receiving my feedback from the pre-production, I have been able to identify the changes that I need to make in order to increase my grade for this term and some of the areas in my pre-production work which need to be adjusted in order to be ready for the actual production. 

One of things that I need to work on my blog and the quality of my research. I agree with this point and think that I could have included much more of my research on my blog which is something I aim to amend for this term. This will also include more research into my roles as DOP and then as the editor, exploring  how the role is taken on in a professional environment and if their are any tasks that are considered part of the DOP's role. This will also include more research into specific DOPs and their styles and types of work they do. 

Due to us having a limited time between starting this unit and our chosen film week, I will try to complete as many useful test shoots as possible. This will be specific to aspects of the production and will help in some of the decision I make about the settings used and the positioning and framing which will be discussed with the director. 

In terms of the marketing aspects of the production, this was something that as a group we discussed some ideas of how we wanted to advertise the show and encourage people to watch, however, during the term we need to develop these ideas into ones that we know we can achieve and then actually create our social media accounts and keep up to date with our posts. 

After the shoot period my role will then be extended to being the editor as well as the DOP. This adds to my research as I will need to look at the ways an editor works, what techniques are commonly used for organised footage, the different programmes used in the industry to edit and colour grade and also what the best programmes for editing a Multicam set are and test how well these programmes will work for what we are trying to achieve. 

Overall, this will be a busy unit but I am looking forward to getting into the production of Young & Famous and seeing all our hard work come together. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing a Script

Scott and Bailey - TV Drama

PRE-PRODUCTION • Director of Photography | Research